The South Dakota Department of Health has developed an online training program called Program Resource Online Facilitator (PROF) which is designed to educate and answer any questions you may have about the QuitLine to help you help your patients on their journey to becoming tobacco-free.
With this easy, online training course you’ll learn:
- About the effects of tobacco and the steps required to help those addicted seek help.
- How to visit with your patients about tobacco use and refer them to the QuitLine.
Other PROF topics include:
- The Toll Tobacco has taken on South Dakota
- Priority populations
- Talking Tobacco Techniques
- Services of the SD QuitLine
- Tobacco and Chronic Disease
To find out more:
Go to www.dohprofsd.org
Click “My Training“ in the vertical bar on the left.
If you are new to PROF, create an account.
Another option for groups of health professionals is to have an in-person training from the Statewide Tobacco Cessation Coordinator at a staff meeting or conference.
In person trainings can be tailored to suit the audience and can include the same information found on PROF or can be expanded to cover other emerging topics like e-cigarettes or motivational interviewing.
To request an in-person training, email firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed event and topic information. Please allow at least four weeks notice prior to date of event.
Archived Quarterly Webinars
- The South Dakota QuitLine: Who is a Priority? (November 19, 2015)
- E-Cigarettes: What Health Professionals Need to Know (July 9, 2015)
- Chronic Disease: Where the Smoke Never Dissipates (March 18, 2015)
- Hook, Line & Quitter: Motivational Interviewing, Supportive Listening and Referring to the SD QuitLine (September 15, 2016)
- Tobacco & the Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes (March 31 , 2016)
For questions, or to request a webinar topic, contact Hope Jurrens at email@example.com.