South Dakota QuitLine Services
Ready to quit cigarettes, vape, or chew? The SD QuitLine offers free services for South Dakotans 13 and older. Choose from three ways to quit:
FREE no-judgement support throughout your journey. People who use a coach are 2x more likely to quit for good!
When you sign up, you are paired with a Quit Coach:
- Regular check-ins to make sure you’re staying on track.
- They listen, give advice, and share practical tips. Many coaches are former nicotine users so they understand the challenges.
Work together on:
- How to deal with stress, triggers, and cravings
- Stumbling blocks like being around other nicotine users
It’s a no-pressure commitment:
- Schedule calls with your coach at times that work best for you
- Opt out of calls anytime if you feel it isn’t a good fit
You’ll also get:
- FREE cessation medication for up to 12 weeks (patches, gum, or lozenges)
- FREE Quit Guide with tips and tools to build your quit plan
Ready to meet your Quit Coach? It’s easy! Call the QuitLine or request a call from our team.
Step-down with medication on your own. Get FREE cessation medication to kickstart your journey.
The first two weeks of a quit attempt are often the most difficult. The right medication can really help reduce those pesky cravings and can even double your chances of success! At any time, you can also sign up for Phone Coaching.
Your kit includes:
- FREE cessation medication for 2 weeks (patches, gum, or lozenges)
- Option to upgrade for an additional 2 weeks of medication
Click here to download the digital Quit Guide, an interactive workbook to help you prepare, motivate, and guide you on your journey.
Not ready for a coach or medication? Use this interactive workbook to help prepare, motivate & guide you.
Share the Quit Guide with friends or family members so they can be a part of your journey. At any time, you can also sign up for Phone Coaching or order a Kickstart Kit.
The workbook will help you:
- Identify your reasons and roadblocks for quitting
- Gain a better understanding of nicotine addiction
- Practice relaxation exercises
- Learn coping skills for physical, mental, and social challenges associated with quitting
- Set a Quit Date and track your progress